Thanks for visiting johnakin.com, the personal resume and portfolio site of John H. Akin, Jr. This site contains overviews of my experience and skills, as well as a portfolio section illustrating my extensive experience on a variety of projects.
Note that much of this content was developed in 2008 and is a bit out of date. (I have been working full time consistently since 2010 and haven't had as much time to dedicate to freelance work). My Resume and LinkedIn profile are up to date as of September 2014.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability information.
Full-Stack developer, web publishing expert and generalist technology consultant with over fifteen years of professional experience
- Multi-platform web developer and engineer, front-end and back-end, including web publishing and implementing content management systems for non-technical site administrators
- Extensive coding experience for a variety of platforms. Lead developer experience with small teams of developers. Meeting and consulting with customers, users and product owners to guide development
- Designing and building custom software solutions, Agile software development, contributing and refining user stories, etc.
- Broad experience working with clients in settings ranging from large enterprise to SMBs and start-ups, primary focus in B-to-B industries (enterprise technology, trade publications, consulting and financial services)
- Developing and delivering end-user and developer training and documentation
- Unique perspective on business and web publishing informed by an unusually broad experience and understanding of different business and industry arenas
- Conceptual "big picture" thinker, capable of seeing how people, technology and processes fit and work together to make different types of organizations function
- Web design experience, although no longer my focus, I have graphic production skills and experience that informs my work with UI designers and dedicated front-end developers.
- Excellent communicator and presenter; experience writing and developing marketing, technology training and support presentations and leading individual and small group workshops
- Web Programming Certificate, Web Development, Programming, Business and Accounting courses - Santa Monica College (3.9 GPA through Summer 2014)
- MFA: Film Directing - Columbia University School of the Arts, NY, NY.
- BA: Computer Science, Studio Art and Theater - Southwestern University, Georgetown, TX. (I still keep up the creative work when I can...)
- Download full resume.
- Contact: email@example.com